The total Sector Budget allocation of UShs . 93.409 billion, a share of 0.46 percent of the UShs. 20,401.33 billion National Budget for Fiscal Year 2016/17.
The Sector has received additional resources for Fiscal Year 2016/17, including:
- UShs. 2 billion for the Uganda Export Promotion Board to promote exports;
- UShs. 2 billion for the Uganda National Bureau of Standards to provide Quality Marks and Product Certifications to MSMEs to export their products;
- UShs. 2 billion for Commercial Services Conditional Grant to Local Governments;
- UShs. 1 billion for the MSMEs Industrial Cluster Development;
- UShs. 2.688 billion For Pension and UShs. 0.268 billion for Gratuity;
- UShs. 2.625 billion For Arrears in Contributions to International Organisations;
- UShs. 10 billion for the Kiira EV Car project under UDC;
- UShs. 2 billion for counterpart funding to development projects.